Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
Charities and community groups working in the Havant Borough can register free of charge to become a Good Cause. As well as receiving their own Havant Borough Community Lottery page, Good Causes will also be given access to their own dashboard to monitor ticket sales. They will be provided with templates to easily create branded posters and marketing materials featuring their own logo to promote themselves as a Good Cause with the Havant Borough Community Lottery and encourage people to become supporters.
Which organisations are eligible to become a Good Cause?
As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria.
The following groups are eligible to register as a Havant Borough Community Lottery Good Cause, provided they meet the terms and conditions set out below:
- Community Interest Companies
- Social Enterprise
Schools may apply for extracurricular activities that do not form part of the core offer provided by the school and that benefit the wider community.
Churches and faith groups may only apply for projects that are open to the wider community where the primary aim of the project is not to promote any religion or faith.
Groups who are not eligible to become a Good Cause
- Any organisation that it deems to be a political party, has the nature of a political party, or is engaged in campaigning for a political purpose or cause
- Organisations that do not benefit residents in the Havant Borough
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees
Good Causes - Terms & Conditions
- Groups must operate within Havant Borough, providing facilities, activities or services for the benefit of our residents
- Groups must be able to demonstrate the service it is providing by giving details of its activities and the number of people it is in contact with when requested
- Groups must have a committee or board of decision makers (with at least three unrelated members), a constitution and a bank account
- Groups must actively promote equality and safeguarding within its structure and operations
- All previous funding received from Havant Borough Council must have been spent in accordance with the funding award conditions attached to them
When registering as a Good Cause groups agree to:
- Actively promote the Havant Community Lottery, using the marketing materials provided to promote the community aims of the organisation in an appropriate manner
- Aim for at least 20 tickets sales in the first four weeks and maintain a minimum of 20 supporters at any time
- Provide a copy of their constitution and other documents on request
- Wherever possible, acknowledge the funding from Havant Community Lottery in its marketing collateral, website and premises
- Inform Havant Borough Council immediately if the group intends to disband, changes its aims, legal status or any other policy that may affect its eligibility for the scheme
Havant Borough Council and Gatherwell
Havant Borough Council have appointed Gatherwell to manage the Havant Borough Community Lottery on their behalf. Havant Borough Council hold the appropriate Gambling License and are registered with the Lotteries Council.
Havant Borough Council retains the right to publicise all beneficiaries of the lottery funding.
Havant Borough Council will reserve it’s right not accept or cease to licence any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Havant Borough Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Havant Borough Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.